Daisypath Friendship tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Made a more Patient Person


Kito - taken by 100mm macro.

I never thought my next blog picture would be one of an animal. I cope better with macro and landscapes. I had the pleasure of doing a-ok during a dance shoot (humans) but moving living things just don't sit well with me. On a side note, I tried wildlife photography and haven't found the patience for it! Interest plays a huge part too but let's move on to the real blog message!

I realize I seldom blog... or blog on a regular basis. I also realized that it is because if I have nothing inspired to say, I won't write something for the sake of writing.

In the recent months, we have come to adopt an instant pet. Our neighbour's cat absolutely loves hanging around our house. And we love him. He has a great temperament and never gets upset, spray or misbehave.

Never have had any serious pet growing up but I just concluded (to myself) that pets helps the soul in many ways. I feel that having 'cat' around makes me a more gentle and patient person. Previously I would have doubted if I had the capacity to be so patient but now I can say I do! 'Cat' made me realize that!

For example, I came home from shopping one day and 'cat' received me at the door. I acknowledged him by saying 'hello' and patting him slightly but still busy with my bags of shopping. At the same time, he gave me this long long long meow. It made me laugh cos it was the longest and sounded like the most pitiful meow I have ever heard. I thought to myself "why cat, what's goin on?". It turns out, on hind-sight, that he was quite hungry that day and my partner had just put him outside.

Then he would poke his nose into each of my shopping bag. I din't shoo him away. It turns out he just wanted to check them out. He wasn't destructive or anything. Some other times, when I open the fridge, he would walk right up to sniff the bottles, food or whatever he can reach by poking his head right into the shelves. Again, I din't fret and said gently while I close the door on him "come on". He would turn around and again, nothing eventful happened. Many times though I wanted to react as he wasn't supposed to be in the shopping bags and fridge, but I chose to chill.

And did I mention he would meow at me constantly while I cook, hoping for food? I realized he'll try even if I tell him sternly "No!". So I chose to chill and tell him nicely "no... maybe later."

Pets are like kids. They really are except a whiny kid is much more annoying. But I feel good knowing that at least I have learnt to be patient with an animal.

So here's my heart-felt reflection and worth blogging I thought. Kito, the 'model' in this picture belongs to a mate. Here's to all pet owners who love and care for them so much. Here's to my future pet whatever it may be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment