Daisypath Friendship tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Death of a Friendship

Some of us are very lucky to have a close friend - a very very good mate whom you share many things mutual and who loves you as much as you love him/her. This kind of unique friendship, chemistry and bond stays even if you don't talk all the time, sometimes over years... but nothing changes. I am very luckly to have a friend like that and can I just say that this kind of chemistry is very hard to encounter. I will treasure it forever.

There are always two sides of the coin. There are some you consider to belong to your inner circle of friends. You may not see each other often, but history makes this friend special. Then one day, something happen... or somethings said in a way under some situation, or just simply a flick of a switch in the head... everything changed.

Today I realised I not longer consider one such friend as a friend anymore. Perhaps the friendship was long gone and she was no longer a friend long before. But it's the realisation that you no longer regard this person as labeled 'friend' in your dictionary that is surreal.

I am not terribly upset actually just surprised I feel this way. I woke up today having remembered a picture I had taken last year, titled "We are no more".

Like the life cycle of a rose, she goes through the beautiful stages of bloom. Every photographer likes perfect untainted roses. I refuse to think the end stage of a rose's life be any less just because it's visually unpleasing and this picture proves it.

"We are no more" speaks to the death of a friendship. I will remember the older times but it's good to know where I stand now.

No comments:

Post a Comment