Daisypath Friendship tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our Forests, Our Oceans, Our Resources - Our Earth

I was sitting at my desk at home, working away as usual, but as usual, your mind begins to wander. And mine usually thinks about photography when it wanders in the right direction. Suddenly I got inspired!

Earth Hour 2011 is coming around the corner. I thought I could dedicate my inspiration to the event. And so I dug around the house and came up with this shot.

What it meant:
- Background Blue Gel-ed lights represents the Oceans that we must protect for they are always the ones unseen, in the background.
- Greenery represents our forests which we must cherish.
- Stones and candle lights represents the earth which our precious resources lies.
- Patterned Vase represents us and everything synthetic, but is part of the full picture... that we MUST try to live in harmony with OUR EARTH.

Equipment:
- Canon 50D.
- Manfrotto Tripod.

Materials Used:
- Pebbles.
- 4 tealights. (one inside the vase!)
- Artificial Grass/Moss.
- A translucent Vase. (Or whatever you think is pretty.)
- 2 Blue Flash Gel (for...)
- 2 Diving Torches (yup, I dive. My gels are for Speedlites so they are tiny. Therefore out comes the dive torches!)
- An Ikea Stool as a studio table. (wished I had one)

No comments:

Post a Comment